Wednesday 8 May 2013

First Crop - Haylage

 
It has been a beautiful, summery week for the dairy farmers,
...perfect for making haylage ,
which does not need to be as dry as hay bales.

 
As you can see, the front wagon is almost full..
and the next wagon is driving in behind, waiting for it's turn,
...very efficient. 

 
...Another farmer uses a silage truck,
which is much quicker
when travelling a greater distance to the farm yard.
:   )

Linked to
http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=10186

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen this particular harvesting process. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy on the farm! Ewwww the hay fever! lol. Glad you had good weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the have an early start out there. I can smell manure on the wind the last few days so the farmers are getting busy here. It's pretty stinky though with the windows open. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have learned yet again, something new. Haylage. I do not think I have ever heard of it. Is this used for feeding cattle or horses or for some other purpose? Thanks for sharing this interesting process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting shots...always enjoy farming shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Would love you to leave me a comment.